photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

December 11, 2017

Breakaway by Heather M. Orgeron FMR REVIEW


Blurb
I fell in love with my best friend but he didn't love me back.
Sounds like a cheesy line from a country song, right? Too bad it's the story of my life.
I thought that I’d moved on, swore he was the one.
But that facade began to fade in the flash of a half-carat diamond ring.
Now years later, here I am, running back to the boy who broke my adolescent heart, hoping that just maybe, he’ll be the one to piece it back together.
....
I fell in love with my best friend while she fell in love with him.
Ironically, it was my own damn fault. I practically served her up on a silver platter.
So I turned to my second love, basketball, moving across the country to escape.
For years, I’ve been sitting on the sidelines watching, waiting.

Now it's time to make my move.
No more fouling out.
This time, I'm going to score.

Review by Gina:

I love friends to lovers romances! They are chalked full of angst and you get all the feels when they finally realized they are meant to be together. This book had exactly all that! There was a lot of will they wont. You feel frustration when they make bad decisions that hurt the other person but then you feel all happy when they make good ones. I did find some of their behavior juvenile, maybe because I've been there done that and know better haha! But it didn't get pretty frustrating. There were a few hiccups through out the story but nothing that tremendously blew me away. I did enjoy the story and thought it was very well written. I am looking forward to reading more from this author. 

4 Stars




 photo signature_zpsyqnzqh4c.png

No comments:

Post a Comment