photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

May 01, 2017

So Wicked by Melissa Marino • FMR REVIEW





BLURB: 


Fate has a wicked sense of humor.


Alexis's new life was made up of two things: baking and hiding the details of her old life in Chicago. The first allowed her to finally find some happiness. And the second is about to be destroyed by a man who knows all her secrets. 



Marshall Rawlins was prepared to do anything when he moved cross-country to launch an upscale cocktail bar---anything except work with Alexis, his best friend and business partner's ex-wife. Adding Alexis's boozy-baked goods to his menu would be a major feat for his bar. But striking a deal means getting in bed with the enemy.



Battling between distrust and desire, Alexis and Marshall give in to a passionate, forbidden affair. They know if they're discovered the consequences would be bad---it's just hard to remember that when being together feels so, so good.

PURCHASE HERE: 


Review by: Flavia 

I didn't know if I wanted to read this book. I mean seriously I thought we hated Alexis. And now... Oh No, I didn't want that. I wanted to hate her some more.

But for an author to take a character that I'm sure most everyone who read this book hated, and turn her into a good guy, well props to you.

Alexis left Chicago and was hoping for a new start. No more drama and no trouble around. But as always that doesn't work when you seem to attract drama. Complications with her dream of being a baker and a sexy forbidden man who can make that happen, well what can she do.

Marshall moved to try and make work his own upscale cocktail bar, but he misses something on his menu. Something that nobody else had on their menu. So can he make a deal with the she-devil herself and what about the sexual chemistry and how will he explain this to his best friend and his business partner?




I enjoyed this book, like I said making a villain into a hero, very hard to do, but I have to say this author pulled it off well. And I suppose like every drama, there is always two sides to a story and here we get to see Alexis as a different person and I have to say by the end of the book, I was convinced that everyone deserves a second chance.
Definitely recommend this series.

4 Stars 



 photo signature_zpsyqnzqh4c.png

No comments:

Post a Comment