photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

September 28, 2016

Max by Sawyer Bennett • FMR REVIEW


ABOUT Max



The ice is a cold mistress. As the league’s most eligible goalie, Max Fournier has access to his fair share of willing puck bunnies, but right now he’s more interested in bringing home another championship than a one-night stand. A romantic at heart, Max believes in love; he’s just not great at relationships. So when he finally meets a nice girl who’s not blinded by his celebrity, he’s feeling the heat—and the pressure to save her from herself.

Between working two jobs and raising her sister’s kids, Julianne Bradley doesn’t have time for sports—or men. All she knows about Max is that he’s the sexiest customer to ever grace her gas-station counter. And he sees past her tired eyes and makes Jules yearn for things she can’t have: a glamorous fling, a passionate lover, and the time to enjoy both. Max makes her feel like Cinderella, even though Jules has enough baggage to crush a glass slipper. Luckily, he’s no prince—only a fierce competitor determined to win her heart. 




PURCHASE HERE: 



Review by: Kim 

Having read the last 5 installments to this series, I kind of was expecting more of the same, (hangs head in shame). I really should have known better.
Sawyer Bennett has never been predictable. I don't know how she does it, but I'm so glad that she shares her amazing talent with the rest of us.
I loved Max's been there done that attitude. So refreshing to read about a man who knows what he wants and just goes for it. 
Don't be fooled though. This book has plenty of push and pull angst, as Max and Jules struggle to find a way to juggle their lives. 
Julianne stole my heart and ran away with it the moment she refused to let her family fall completely apart. There aren't very many people as giving and loving as Jules. Her struggle to take care of her resposibilities and find a way to actually believe in herself and Max was heartbreaking to read. (I might've thrown a fist pump when she went to the dance.)
Max-Carolina Fury #6 is among the top of my favorites list.

4 Stars 



Review by: Amy C

Love love love me some Cold Fury men!!! They are super alpha, attitude, full of muscle & bad ass all rolled into one. They have a penchant for danger and hearts of gold. Each one so far has stollen my heart in a totally new way, Max is no exception. In fact, Max may be my favorite because he is softer and more nurturing than the other men. That's not to say he isn't manly, but he has a softer side that Sawyer let us see here in this book. 

Max was perfectly matched with Jules. She's sweet and smart with a pure heart. She tackles the greatest obstacle of her life in raising her sister's kiddos and she does it with so much sincerity. Enter Max....his need to protect and her need to do it all alone allow for a  definite working out phase, but what he sees in her blew me away. He saw her, simple as that. No baggage, no bills, no job...just her. Which just melted my heart right outta my chest. Most me would run away  from that but he ran towards it. 

I love this series and they men that make up this amazing hockey team. Each one has so much character and passion on and off the ice. This book was a great story to add to the series. I love the sweeter, softer big bad hockey goalie!!! Thank you sawyer for giving us the men of Cold Fury and allowing me to love each one of their unique personalities. 

4 solid stars



Review by: Erin 

I am not as in love with this book as I have been with the rest of this series. Don’t get me wrong. The storyline was amazing and flowed effortlessly. The twists and the drama are wonderful. The detail and description are incredible. But compared to the other books in this series, this romance was a little more on the sweet side and not exactly what I have come to expect with the Cold Fury boys. Max is a wonderful character, just less on the Neanderthal me-man-you-woman side of the scale. Julianne is by far my favorite woman in the series. This chick rocks. She has taken on so much responsibility and does not take help easily. Their story is a slow build up instead of balls to the wall. Overall still a story worthy of the Bennett name.

4 Stars 






 photo signature_zpsyqnzqh4c.png

No comments:

Post a Comment