photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

May 13, 2016

Stay With Me by Kelly Elliott ~ REVIEW TOUR



STAY WITH ME
By: Kelly Elliott
Release Day : May 12, 2016


Life moves on.
Only people who have never lost anyone they loved with all their heart can blindly believe those words.
What if I didn’t want to move on? What if I wanted to wake up every morning with that familiar ache in my chest, knowing I’d never see her again?
But, life can change in a moment.
I knew that better than anyone … So, when I couldn’t get those mesmerizing green eyes out of my head, I decided to do something about it.
Would one night with her be enough, or would my heart decide it was finally time to move on from the past?

PURCHASE HERE:
AMAZON



Review by: Tracy

(I apologize now for the rambling which you are about to read)

If you are a fan of Kelly Elliott you will understand everything I am about to say. If you have not read Kelly Elliott before let me describe what she does to you in her books. She has this way of getting your attention right off the bat. Whether it be from character development or from the way she describes her male heroes (yeah she LOVES good looking men, especially cow boys). Once she has your attention she does let you go. Kelly has this way of attaching you to her characters and making you hang on tight. She has this insane way of taking you on the rollercoaster of the storyline and making you feel everything these characters are feeling. To me, a good author has the ability to keep you entertained. But a great author has this way of transporting you into their book, as though you are this character in the story and watching from the sideline. Kelly Elliott is becoming one of those great authors for me.

I want to tell you all the reasons why I loved this book. I want to describe how incredibly sexy this Greek god Thano sounds. How in the beginning I wanted to crawl into the book and just hold him. And about this spunky take no shit Irish gal who Thano has a hard time staying away from. OH and there is his family. His big, loud, Greek family (especially his mother who said "We aren't finished talking. You will come by the house when you get back. Straight here. No sex! If you do, you wrap your stick!" If you know Greeks you can totally relate to Thano's mother). But for me to tell you all the reasons why I loved this couple I would have to spoil some of this story, and that just wouldn't the best idea. So I will leave you with the quote that stuck with me from Thano, "I can't. I want one more day to tell her I love her. To show her no one could ever love me like she could. I want to hold her in my arms one more time." (yeah try getting through that and not feeling any emotion).

Stay With Me was yet another one of those stories that sucked me in and didn’t let go until I finished. And even then, my wind was wheeling about everything I had just read. Kelly Elliott did a great job with this story. 


5 Stars 


Review by: Kathryn

I am a huge Kelly Elliott fan, and this book didn't disappoint.  This is a beautifully written, emotional stand alone romance.  You will not regret reading this book.  I loved Thano and Kilyn's story.   Greek god and Irish beauty, culturally they are complete opposites, but in many ways they are really quite similar.  Their story that is in many ways as heart breaking as it is heart warming, so many times whilst I was reading this book, I had tears in my eyes.  Thano lost the woman he thought of as the love of his life, on a day that is supposed to be one of the happiest of your life.  Kilyn has had a rough time, loosing first her parents and then being hurt by someone she considered family and her trust in men, was inexplicably broken.
Thano and Kilyn have a lot in common, they have both lost people they loved dearly and its made them very wary to trust in love. Fate intervenes and this unlikely pair keep finding themselves running into each other, in the most unlikely of places.  Whilst fate is intervening, Thano is being hounded by his family to find and marry a good Greek girl.  I loved the twists and turns that their relationship took on finding their fath to their happy ever after.   In addition, the love scenes are both romantic and hot, especially when Thano whispers sweet nothings to Kilyn in Greek.  
Thano and Kilyn are amazingly likable, relateable and believable.  I loved Thano's extended family and his best friend Gus.  They were fabulous and had me laughing out loud so many times as I read this book. Claire is Kilyn's best friend and her complete opposite, I loved their shared banter throughout the book. 
I would thoroughly recommend this book, in my mind its a five star read and I would love to read Thano's brother's and Gus' story in the future if they are ever written. 

5 Stars 






Review by: Amy C 

Perfect setting... Check, hotness & a cute chick...check, all the makings for an adorable story CHECK CHECK!! I love Kelly Elliott's books and this one didn't disappoint. She has a smooth style that adds a touch of romance that ignites a flame of Lusty goodness. This story started out tragic yet absolutely sweet and ended up nearly burning the house down with pure passion. 

Thano & Kilyn are an un likely pair who just keep bumping into each other throughout town. Could be creepy stalker but nothing in their make up allows for that vibe to ever happen. In fact,  it's just the opposite. These two couldn't be more well suited for each other and karma sees fit to keep the embers slowly simmering. Throughout this book, these two face obstacles that not only raise concerns but challenge each other to see the truth each is scared to let out. Along with adorable sidekicks and a meddlesome family, they really have their work cut out for themselves to make a go of any kind of relationship. 

Totally My Big Fat Greek Family here!! I loved the story line and premise for this book. It was refreshing to see something different and I completely LOVED this read. Characters were outlined well and developed easily. This story was an easy read that kept me turning pages fast! 

I totally recommend this cute read! 4.5 stars













EXCERPT :
“Kilyn, you make me feel something I haven’t felt in a long time. It both excites and scares me. We keep running into each other and Gus would say it was a sign and, fuck I don’t know, maybe it is. All I really know is I want to get to know you better.”
My brow lifted. “Get to know me better how?”
His eyes turned dark while he quickly swept them over me. My body responded with a shudder. When he took a step closer to me, my heart was pounding so loudly I couldn’t hear my own thoughts.
His hand slipped around the back of my neck, pulling me closer.
Oh. Dear. God.
My knees shook as I reached up and grabbed onto his arms to keep myself from falling. Thano softly ran his lips along my neck and a small moan slipped from my mouth.
I could feel his hot breath on my skin as he talked in a low voice. “I want to know what I do that makes the pulse in your neck beat like this.”
My breath caught when he pressed his lips to my neck and whispered, “Eísai tósi ómorfos.”
The foreign words swam around in my mind so beautifully. With my breathing labored, I panted out, “I have no idea . . . what you . . . just said. But you can get to know me in any way you’d like.”
It might have made me sound like a cheap whore, but in that moment I didn’t care. All I cared about was this man was able to bring back feelings I had buried long ago.
And I liked it.
I liked it a lot.

ABOUT KELLY ELLIOTT
Kelly Elliott is married to a wonderful Texas cowboy who has a knack for making her laugh almost daily and supports her crazy ideas and dreams for some unknown reason...he claims it's because he loves her!
She’s also a mom to an amazing daughter who is constantly asking for something to eat while her fingers move like mad on her cell phone sending out what is sure to be another very important text message.
In her spare time she loves to sit in her small corner overlooking the Texas hill country and write.
One of her favorite things to do is go for hikes around her property with Gus....her chocolate lab and the other man in her life, and Rose, her golden retriever. When Kelly is not outside helping the hubby haul brush, move rocks or whatever fun chore he has in store for her that day, you’ll find her inside reading, writing or watching HGTV.

LINKS:
Twitter: @author_kelly




 photo signature_zpsyqnzqh4c.png

No comments:

Post a Comment