photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

May 09, 2016

Paper Princess by Erin Watt ~ FMR REVIEW


SYNOPSIS 

From strip clubs and truck stops to southern coast mansions and prep schools, one girl tries to stay true to herself. 

These Royals will ruin you… 

Ella Harper is a survivor—a pragmatic optimist. She’s spent her whole life moving from town to town with her flighty mother, struggling to make ends meet and believing that someday she’ll climb out of the gutter. After her mother’s death, Ella is truly alone.  

Until Callum Royal appears, plucking Ella out of poverty and tossing her into his posh mansion among his five sons who all hate her. Each Royal boy is more magnetic than the last, but none as captivating as Reed Royal, the boy who is determined to send her back to the slums she came from. 

Reed doesn’t want her. He says she doesn’t belong with the Royals. 

He might be right. 

Wealth. Excess. Deception. It’s like nothing Ella has ever experienced, and if she’s going to survive her time in the Royal palace, she’ll need to learn to issue her own Royal decrees.  


PURCHASE HERE: 
AMAZON
Review by: Tatia 

This book, I can't even begin to tell you how much I loved it. I was captivated by it all, waiting for the big fall. I knew it ended with a cliffhanger, I just didn't know the details of how. I found myself waking up hours before my alarm went off just so I could get extra reading time in. It may have left me tired throughout the day, desperately needing a nap, but it was worth it.
When we first meet Ella harper, she's just a high school girl doing what she has to do to survive. Then enters Callum royal and suddenly her whole world is changed. Everything she knows no longer exists when thrust into the world of the Royals.
I really liked Callum Royal. He had his faults about him but who doesn't? Then we meet his sons. These boys are jerks. Mean and callous, they do whatever they can to make her life miserable. Ella has never dealt with anything like them. For only being 17 years old she is fierce and fabulous. She stronger than most adults I read about, heck than most adults I know. Having lost everything she had and everything she didn't, she did what she had to, moving city to city to keep from being put in foster care.
The secrets that this family keep could fill up their whole house. Everyone is hiding something. Maybe it's all that they've had to endure, maybe it's just their brand of messed up, but I have a feeling these secrets are going to throw some major curveballs our way.
The ending - I knew something was coming but that wasn't at all what I expected. Talk about a cliffhanger, this will leave me hung over for at least a week. I knew I loved these two authors, but I don't think anyone expected us to be knocked down so hard by the store they created together. Even if this does not seem like you're kind of story, I STRONGLY encourage you to give it a try. I loved every minute, every word. It's sure to stick with me long after we get the next book.

5 Stars 


Review by: Amy E 

This is exactly my kind of book!  I love when the characters and the storyline have so many layers you never really know what is going on or how a character really feels.  This book was written beautifully with so much depth and feeling.

The twists and turns keep me on my toes from start to finish. (Which was all in one sitting because I could NOT put it down!) when I thought I had finally figured out what was going on everything would get flipped and I was back at square one.

The sense of family and loyalty in this book really drew me in.  The characters worked as a unit to protect themselves and those they loved.  It made identifying the hero and the villain of the story impossible. Because they kept flip flopping with each chapter. 

If you're a fan of Tijan's Fallen Crest series or Any of Penelope Douglas books then you'll love this gem.  Dying to get my hands on the next book.


5 Stars 

Review by: Kathryn 

I loved Paper Princess by Erin Watt, the pen name for a collaboration between Elle Kennedy and Jen Fredrick. This book had me hooked from the very first page, and I read it in one sitting. 

Ella is strong & resilient, she's lost her mother, never knew her father. I loved Ella she's such a strong character who does what she needs to in order to survive and support herself. When Callum Royal, appears and takes Ella in as his ward, to live with himself and his five sons, she is thrown from destitution to a world of the opulently rich. Ella struggles being the new girl in town, school and within the Royal family. The book mainly revolves around a high school setting with a group of malicious, snobby rich kids who endeavor to make her life hell. I totally loved her best friend Val, and how two kindred spirits found each other within such an image driven group. 

“I still believe that there’s something good out there for me. I just have to keep going until my time comes, because surely, surely, none of this would happen if there wasn’t a reward down the line.” 

Whilst Callum Royal is sweet, awkward and rich. Callum's sons are quite different and give the story depth, fun, tension. Reed Royal, is used to being in control, being in charge of not only his siblings, but his peers within the school. Reed and Ella have this complex, evolving love/hate relationship that keeps you on the edge of your seat for much of the book. The boys are mysterious and all seem to be harboring secrets. 

“You should know whatever game you're playing, you can't win. Not against all of us.If you leave now, you won't be hurt. If you stay, we'll break you so bad that you'll be crawling away.” 

The characters are not only likable, interesting and believable, they are incredibly fascinating, much like the world of opulence Ella is thrown into. The interactions between the characters keep you enthralled and engaged with this book, there are just so many twists and turns.

This book has a bit of everything romance, suspense, mystery, drama and forbidden relationships. In saying that this book is not a traditional romance, there is a potential for a love story between Reed and Ella but it wasn't what the main focus for this story. 

You won't be disappointed in this book. Although this book ends in a huge cliffhanger, and I really can't wait to read Broken Prince. There are so many ideas rolling around in my head of what will take place in the next one, I can't wait to see what the authors have in store for us. If you can't wait for the next book in this series, maybe wait til they are both available to read them together.

5 Stars 















 photo signature_zpsyqnzqh4c.png

No comments:

Post a Comment