photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

November 23, 2015

Untamed by SC Stephens ~ FMR REVIEW


ABOUT Untamed


The spotlight doesn't only shine. Sometimes it burns.

Being the bad-boy bassist for the world's hottest band has earned Griffin Hancock some perks: a big house, a fast car, and most importantly his incredible wife, Anna. The one thing it hasn't brought him is the spotlight. Anna tells him to be patient, that his talent will win out. But Griffin is through waiting for permission to shine.

Without warning, Griffin makes a shocking decision and takes the gamble of a lifetime. Suddenly he's caught up in a new level of lights, cameras, and chaos. One that pushes his relationship with Anna to its limits. Anna has always found his unpredictable behavior sexy, but lately he's seen an ache in her eyes--and it has his soul in knots. Just as the recognition Griffin seeks is finally within reach, the thing he loves most in life could be slipping through his fingers.

PURCHASE HERE: 



Review by: Sam 

Like every other hardcore S C Stephens stalker... I mean fangirl, it feels like a lifetime ago we got word of Griffins story! So when it arrived on my kindle, NOTHING GOT IN MY WAY! 
I devoured "Untamed" from beginning to end, fell in love once again with this beautiful fictional work that this author has created and I really enjoyed every hilarious, awkward and fabulous second of it! 

We all know Griffin Hancock from the INCREDIBLE 'Thoughtless' series that blessed the universe with the RockBand the D-Bags and the one and only, Mr Kellan Kyle. 
Griffin has always come across as very CRAZY, an ass and someone with absolutely zero filter. But he also loved his band mates HARD and I couldn't wait for him to find a girl to settle down with, someone who would ground him and someone he could love! 

Griffins story, 'Untamed' is told a few years on from the end of Reckless. Griffin is living in his own little bubble of what he thinks is awesome. He is married to the beautiful Anna who is awesome, he is a Daddy which is awesome, the band are set to record a new album which is awesome. Griffin believes he is just winning at life. Why? Because he is awesome. His house is awesome, his friends are awesome, his sex is awesome, his EVERYTHING is awesome. But somethings, well, they can only stay awesome for so long, but does that bother him? No! Because he is awesome! 

The way the author has written two sides to Griffin is EXCELLENT! One side of him had me wanting to grab him by his ears and repeatedly kick him in the balls because seriously, the dude was living in a dream world half of the time!
But the other side of him, WOW! I was shocked by this character growth and change and it just absolutely rocked my world. Wanting to climb in through my kindle and hug him???? RIGHT? I really felt his torment, I felt his disappointment and just wanted things to be ok again. 

The appearance from characters I was familiar with was great. As well as enjoying the introduction to new characters.

I'm not telling you anything else! You NEED TO READ IT to find out all of the gloriousness that S C Stephens has brought to Griffin and Anna's story! 
You will laugh HARD, you will cringe, you will roll your eyes, you will FEEL and you will see an outstanding transformation! 

4.5 Stars 

Review by: Tatia 

I was honestly torn on how to rate this book. I was so excited to get more of Griffin and his cocky attitude. He was exactly how I remembered him, but I felt there were times where his "all about me" attitude was a little too much. I never considered him to be selfish while reading the Thoughtless series, but that's how I viewed him through a good portion of Untamed. Although this was the case, it was enlightening reading about how he saw himself in the band. I do think he had some good reasons for doing some of the things he did, but others it felt like he took it too far. Even after saying all of this, he was still able to redeem himself. The fact that part of his journey actually brought tears to my eyes was unexpected. Seeing how he went from one end of the spectrum all the way to the other was incredible to see. He not only changed his way of viewing himself but also that of others. Even though it didn't start out this way, I really ended up enjoying getting more of all that is Griffin.

4 Stars 


 photo signature_zpsyqnzqh4c.png


No comments:

Post a Comment