photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

November 02, 2015

Sentenced by LL Collins ~ RELEASE DAY BLITZ & REVIEW







Title: Sentenced
Author: L.L. Collins
Genre: Contemporary Romance/Erotic Romance
 Release Date: November 2, 2015



Blurb

THE BAD BOY: I’m Johnny. An ex-con with a bad attitude and a controlling demeanor that somehow made the women flock to my bed but never my heart. It was unavailable for possession.

THE TEMPTATION: She was just supposed to be a two day hookup. But one taste of her and I knew I was in danger of never getting enough. She has her own demons to contend with, and dealing with my own was hard enough. I won’t allow temptation to take control of me.


THE SENTENCE: I'd given myself a life sentence a long time ago, and she made me want things I wouldn't allow myself to have. Giving into it just might destroy us both.






Purchase Links


Review by: Erin 

I absolutely love L L Collins characters. They draw you in and keep you hooked till the end. Johnny and Bex both have such painful pasts. The storyline was incredible and made me an emotional mess. You will not be able to stop yourself from crying as their story unfolds. Their chemistry is combustible, but getting to see them connect on that deeper level and start opening up to each other was amazing. As with all great romances, there is drama in the story that causes tension between the two characters. But that is what makes this an incredible read. I love when the characters have to work for it and it doesn’t just fall in their lap. I can’t wait to see what is in store next!

4 Stars 

Review by: Leeann 

So the start of this book is all about Johnny and how he screws anything with a vaginal. He is not very likable at the stage but you can clearly see he has huge demons and why he is the way he is. 
Bex doesn't come into the story until a few chapters in and like Johnny, she has huge demons too. 

At the beginning of the book I honestly wasn't sure I was going to finish it. It seemed to be a bit slow paced and not really going anywhere. 
The Bex made an entrance and really shook things up. The pace of the story increased and things got interesting. I found myself going from not overly interested to not being able to put the book down. 
In the space of a chapter, this author completely changed my mind about her book. 

I will say though, heed the warning at the beginning.  If the topics mentioned are triggers or sensitive for you then you may want to give it a miss. If you don't have issues with his subjects then by all means read on!

By the end of this book I loved both Johnny and Bex and thought they made a beautiful damaged couple. They are perfectly suited.  They had both been broken and fate brought them together to heal each other.  

If you like the type of story that has the characters full of angst and really having to fight for their happy ending then you will love this book and I would recommend you check it out!

4 Stars 









Excerpt

“I’m going to have her before they leave,” I said presumptuously.

I felt Cal looking at me. “Oh, boy.”

“What?”

“You haven’t read much about her, have you?”

That caught my attention. “What does that mean? Is she a lesbian or something?” That would abso-fucking-lutely kill me.

He cackled. “No, bro. She’s a ball buster, man. No one gives that woman shit. She has quite a reputation. She’s respected as hell, but no one crosses her.”

I scoffed. “We’ll see about that.” After all, she was a hot woman. She had to be used to being hit on. And she’d want to be hit on by me. Plus, I didn’t want anything from her other than her body. The nice part was, she was traveling after this. Maybe she’d end up in the Denver area or back here in Florida, and we could hook up again.

Cal whistled. “I want to be around when she cuts off your balls and shoves them in your mouth.”

I rolled my eyes. “She can’t be that bad. Look at her. She’s probably a hundred and twenty pounds soaking wet.”

“Don’t say I didn’t warn you,” Cal said. “I’m going to grab some more beer from the back.”

“Need help?” I didn’t say it convincingly, and he knew it.

“Nope. You stay here and daydream. That’s about all you’re going to get.”

“You watch and see,” I said. “She’ll come to me.”






Author Bio

L.L. Collins loves spending her days in the Florida sun with her husband and two boys, reading, and writing. LL has been writing since she was old enough to write. Always a story in her head, she finally decided to let the characters out made her lifelong dream of becoming an author come true in the self-publishing world. She's the author of the Living Again Series and the Twisted Series, plus a new standalone, Back to the Drawing Board. Visit LL on her website, www.llcollinsauthor.com and on all social media. Look for more of her emotionally charged novels soon!



Author Links

Giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment