photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

July 30, 2015

Trace + Olivia Series Boxed Set by Micalea Smeltzer ~ RELEASE DAY BLITZ & REVIEW




Title: Trace + Olivia Series Boxed Set
Series: Trace + Olivia #1-4
Author: Micalea Smeltzer
Genre: New Adult
 Release Date: July 30, 2015



Blurb

Finding Olivia: How far would you go to find yourself? That’s the question that’s been haunting Olivia Owens for years.

Chasing Olivia: How far would you go to reignite the spark you once had? Two years later, Trace and Olivia are as much in love as they’ve always been. But the spark they once had for life is waning and Trace is determined that they find it again. His solution? A road trip. But he doesn’t tell Olivia the real reason they’re heading north.

Tempting Rowan: I’m drowning in the numbness. It’s pulling me under and I can’t see the surface. It’s easier to pretend I can’t feel. And the longer you pretend, the easier it is to believe. But he wants to save me. Only he can’t. I have to save myself…and I don’t know if I want to.

Saving Tatum: Even tough girls need saving. Jude Brooks is bad news. He’s the kind of guy that leaves behind a string of broken hearts and Tatum O’Connor is not about to be one of those girls, despite all of Jude’s advances. They have a past, and Tatum’s determined to make sure they don’t have a future.



Links to Buy

Only 99c for a limited time

AMAZON US / UK
B&N / KOBO / iBOOKS


 Finding Olivia
Review By: Erin
Olivia has led a very sheltered life as the daughter of a strict preacher. When she leaves home for college, she makes her “Live List”. I loved the concept of this list. She has missed out on so much that she makes a list of things that she wants to do to “live”. 
Trace is a fun-loving goofball! I love his sense of humor and how he can find the good in every situation. He is really good for Olivia. He helps her to break out of her shell. He knows all too well the pressure your family can put on you. 
The attraction and chemistry between Trace and Olivia is instant. Olivia feels a deep instinct telling her that Trace is the one to share her secrets with. I had fun laughing with these two as they try to complete the items on the “Live List”. Trace is insistent with some of the activities. 
Of course there is drama and it gets really bad. I cried for these two characters and what they get put through. Their relationship gets tested and prevails.
I am loving all the supporting characters. They help make the book a masterpiece.
5 Stars
Review By: Nicole

Micalea Smeltzer has quickly become one of my favorite authors. She write so brilliantly that I actually find myself laughing out loud and shedding actual tears. She finds a way to suck you into her stories and not want to leave. There’s a lightness to her writing, but a deep meaning inside.

The Trace + Olivia series is one I have been wanting to read for a while, and I was so excited when she said she was coming out with a box set. I’m not joking when I say you need to read this series.

It starts out with Finding Olivia. A story about a broken girl who is only beginning to find herself. She comes from a home with a strict father and a submissive mother. Olivia meets Trace and it’s almost love at first sight. She tells him about her live list and the the things she wants to try. Trace quickly takes over and helps her become the person she wants to be. It’s a beautiful story of two people finding each other and opening up to things they normally wouldn’t have tried.

5 Stars

Review by: Rose 

Loved Finding Olivia....What an awesome book with so many feels. 

Trace and Olivia are an amazing couple together. I loved the fact they became friends before starting a relationship. They truly lived in their own bubble and didn't let anymore ruin what they had. 

A story of 2 people meeting at the right time and moving along with destiny. 

Micalea is an awesome Author who writes from the heart, I have loved every book I have read. Make sure you one~click this Box Set. 

5 Stars 



 Chasing Olivia
Review by: Erin

The story of Trace and Olivia continues 2 years later. They are feeling a little stagnant. Trace receives bad news and decides they need to get away for a while. He suggests a road trip. This will be their chance to be spontaneous again and “live” a little. But Trace has an ulterior motive.
Trace and Olivia continue to crack me up. Olivia gets very embarrassed by some of Trace’s remarks and leads to great entertainment. I love their relationship. It is so easy and they just sync. 
There are ups and downs in the story. New character additions and some that leave. I cried so much at the end of this book. It was just beautiful. You can feel all the heart that the author put into this story.
5 Stars
Review by: Nicole

The second books is Chasing Olivia. It’s been two years since the first book and Traces feels like they have lost their spark. He takes them on a road trip to bring the fire back that made them originally fall in love.

5 Stars

Review by: Rose 

2 years on in the relationship, Trace takes Olivia on a road trip. What a trip it is!! I think I fell in love with Trace more in this book, we really got to see the funny side to him. 

The storyline is well written, I didn't expect to read a few things that happened. This book had me laughing one minute and crying the next. 

Everyone needs to experience a Smeltzer Read, she is awesome!! 

5 Stars 




Tempting Rowan
Review by: Erin

This is the story of Rowan and Trent, Trace’s brother. Rowan and Trent have a long and somewhat sad history. Trent has never understood what made Rowan stop speaking to him. But he is sure going to find out. She is the one for him and he is going to do whatever it takes to make her see it. Rowan has secrets that she has to keep at all costs. That means staying away from Trent.
Trent is just as funny as Trace. I loved his character. He is so not what I thought he would be from the glimpses of him from the previous 2 books. He is really family oriented. He is great with Dane, his nephew. I find the fact that he has a ferret named Bartholomew hilarious. 
Rowan is doing the best she can. She has had a really terrible upbringing. She has to be the caretaker for her siblings and she rarely has time for herself. But she wouldn’t trade it for the world. She is a very strong character. She has taken on so much responsibility for someone so young. 
The chemistry between Rowan and Trent is combustible. They are very well matched characters. The storyline flows effortlessly and will keep you pulled into the book. I didn’t see the twists that sent the story in a different direction. I laughed and cried throughout the story. Truly beautiful.
5 Stars
Review by: Nicole

Third book is Tempting Rowan. The story of Trace’s little brother Trent and his love interest Rowan. She comes from a dysfunctional home and ran from Trent and never told him why. Five years later she is back but she still hides secrets that eventually get revealed to Trent. This story is is amazing, and I promise it will have you guessing.

5 Stars


Saving Tatum
Review by: Erin

Tatum and Jude have a rocky history. Tatum has lived through hell the last several years. And she blames Jude. Jude doesn’t understand her hatred for him. But he is determined to prove to her he is not the person she believes him to be. 
Tatum is alone. Her parents are no longer there for her emotionally. She truly believes that she is not destined for a HEA. She uses a lot of defense mechanisms to keep people at arms length. She is really good friends with Rowan, but still only lets her in so far. 
Jude has not had the best past either. Neither of his parents could be bothered with him and he was raised by his grandparents. He has a great relationship with his grandfather. He loves helping people. He truly is one of the good guys that girls dream about. He is also somewhat of a goofball. 
Jude is finally able to crack Tatum’s walls and the result is beautiful. Their relationship is truly amazing. They become each other’s lifelines. The ending was a tear jerker. I laughed and cried through this story.
There are new characters added to the series and I am hoping to get a few more books out of this series or a spin-off. There are a few stories that could be told.

5 Stars
Review by: Nicole

Finally we have Saving Tatum. It’s a great end to the series. Tatum is still dealing with the death of her brother. She hates Jude with a passion, but that doesn’t stop him from pushing her buttons. He slowly breaks down her walls as things are slowly revealed to her.
I’m sad this series is over, but I’m excited to read more of Micalea’s books.

5 Stars

Excerpt

“No, no, no, no!” I beat my steering wheel with the heel of my hand. “No! You’ve got to be kidding me!” I pulled off the road, my tire bumping along.
I put my car in park and climbed out to assess the damage.
My feet crunched on the gravel scattered alongside the road.
Immediately, the oily burnt smell of my peeling tire met me.
Calling this a flat tire didn’t do it justice. This was complete and utter carnage.
I looked behind me, at the trail of tire pieces leading straight to my car, like a path of breadcrumbs.
It was starting to get dark and this wasn’t exactly the safest road.
I was also a twenty-year-old girl, ripe for the picking.
I kicked the side of my car. “I don’t have time for this!”
I stalked around the back, to the trunk, lifting it and looking for the necessary tools to change a tire.
Which was pointless because, unfortunately, I didn’t know the first thing about changing a tire. My father had made sure that I only knew how to do a woman’s work.
I slammed the trunk closed and stalked back to the driver’s side, pulling at the ends of my hair. I glared at the offending nail, that had to be four inches long, sticking out of the tire. How many nails did people drive over a day and I was the one to get a flat freakin’ tire?
Not cool.
Not at all.
I opened the door and reached for my phone to call my roommate to come pick me up.
The sky was darkening and I didn’t want to be stranded here.
I wrapped my lightweight jacket tighter around my body, as the wind gusted around me, blowing leaves off of the nearby trees. I watched the red, yellow, and orange leaves fall down and scatter over my car. One, unfortunately, got caught in my hair. I reached up and pulled it out before letting it drift to the ground.
Gravel crunched behind me. I turned quickly, to see a guy getting out of a black car that looked like something old, but classic.
I hadn’t even heard him pullover.
I backed a step away, thinking he might be a murderer, or a rapist.
But when I got a look at his face I was stunned.
He was tall, with a lean body, but muscular. He had short, dark brown, almost black, hair and the greenest eyes I had ever seen. Five o’ clock shadow covered his cheeks and chin. My eyes trailed down, over the white t-shirt glued to his chest, and stopped there. I could see black ink underneath the white shirt and licked my lips. The fact that he had tattoos only made him hotter. To protect against the cold, he was wearing a long-sleeved plaid shirt.
“Uh—can I help you?” He asked, smiling pleasantly at me, and putting my earlier fears about him being a murderer or rapist completely to rest.
Help? With what? I needed help?
“Huh?”
He grinned crookedly, tilting his head. “With your tire. Do you need some help?”
He had the deepest, huskiest, voice I had ever heard. I shivered at the sound. I was pretty sure I’d be happy for him to help me with a lot of things, and none of them included my tire.
“Help would be great,” I blushed, ducking my head.
He chuckled. “You do have a spare, right?”
“Yeah, it’s in the trunk,” I pointed, like he didn’t know where the trunk was.
He grabbed the spare, and all the necessary tools and sat down, next to the ruined tire.
“I—uh—would’ve changed it myself, but—uh—my dad never taught me,” I ran my fingers nervously through my wavy brown hair. “He said something about it not being appropriate for a girl to do and if I ever got a flat tire, I better hope Prince Charming came along. My dad’s very—uh—old fashioned,” I stammered.
He looked up at me. “Does that make me Prince Charming?” He grinned.
“Oh—uhm—Prince Charming is fictional, so I guess not, and he-uh-usually rides a white horse or something… I think.”
Somebody, stamp AWKWARD across my forehead already.
The guy threw his head back and laughed. “I guess a shiny black '69 Camaro doesn’t count as a white horse. You watch a lot of Disney movies or something?”
“No,” I blushed tomato red. “At least not anymore.”
“You’re funny,” he squinted up at me, shielding his eyes from the orange glow of the setting sun.
“I hope that’s a good thing,” I muttered. Unfortunately, I wasn’t trying to be funny.
“It’s a very good thing-” He paused, waiting for my name.
“Oh—uh—Olivia. Olivia Owens.”
“I’m Trace,” he reached a hand up to me and I took it. It was warm and calloused, swallowing mine whole. “Trace Wentworth,” he grinned when my hand jerked at his touch.


Author Bio


Micalea Smeltzer is a bestselling Young and New Adult author from Winchester, Virginia. She’s always working on her next book, and when she has spare time she loves to read and spend time with her family.


Author Links

No comments:

Post a Comment