photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

July 10, 2015

SOULMATES SERIES by Nicole Dykes ~ FMR REVIEW




Soulmates Series
by: Nicole Dykes
Learn about the series & each book here:


SOULMATES
 (Soulmates, #1


BLURB: 

Madison met Jake Keller when she was six years old. They thought 

nothing could separate them. Everything changes when they enter 

high school. One fight gets out of control and they go from 

inseparable friends to bitter enemies. 


When tragedy strikes they are drawn to each other again. There is 



no doubt that they have an insane attraction to each other but, can 



they fix what has been broken? 



Follow Madison and Jake as they navigate through the pain, sexual 



tension, pressure, tears, and heartbreak of adolescence and young 



adulthood.


PURCHASE HERE:

AMAZON



FATE
 (Soulmates, #2)


BLURB: 

Jake Keller met Madison Wright when he was six years old. They 

were instantly friends. He makes a terrible mistake in high school 

that leads to a heartbreaking fight with Madison. They become 

bitter enemies until a horrific tragedy brings them together again. 

But can he hold onto her?


Follow Jake and his group of friends through the trials of high 


school and new adulthood.



This book is the second book of the Soulmates Series, 

but can be read as a standalone.



*Not recommended for anyone under 18 due to strong language, 


sexual situations, and alcohol references 

PURCHASE HERE:



REBOUND 
(Soulmates #3)


BLURB: 

Ryan is heartbroken, his relationship with his girlfriend is not what 

it had seemed. He decides to swear off relationships and women all 

together to focus on college and playing football. Life of course has 

other plans for him. Can he let go of the pain and love again?



This is Ryan's story from the Soulmates Series. It starts with his 



relationship with Maddy and follows him to college, the life of a 



college athlete. It will show his struggle to move on from Maddy.




PURCHASE HERE:


Review by: TRACY


-- Soulmates --

Maddy and Jake met at a very young age and became inseparable. Growing up their friendship grew stronger, they were best friends. Once their high school years started, things took a turn for the worse. Jake started becoming a manwhore and Maddy was a little too innocent. They fought about his manwhore ways and the next thing you know they hate each other.

We watch them go through high school with so much hatred. And I mean you stop and reread what is being sent because you didn't think someone could be that mean. But you know what they say about there being a thin line between love and hate.


I liked this story. I enjoyed watching Maddy's journey into discovering who she is. Finding love with Ryan, a good guy who never pushed her for more. I liked that for once there was a female character that wasn't bending over the minute the guy said so. Jake on the other hand, I found his treatment of Maddy a little far stretched.


4 Stars 


-- Fate --

So in Fate we read the same story as Soulmates but this time it's from Jake's point of view.

I thought that by reading Jake's story I would start seeing him differently, that maybe I would see a side to him that I didn't see before. I was hoping for a good reason why he felt it was necessary to act the way he did. But sadly I did not. He really took his anger for Maddy too far.


3.5 stars


-- Rebound --

So in this one we get to read Ryan's story. We first met Ryan in Soul Mates, he was the great guy Maddy dated in high school.

I enjoyed this one for many reasons. I think the main reason was because he never pressured Maddy into more, and genuinely fell in love with her. He had to decide between Maddy and college, and unfortunately he chose wrong.


I had so hoped Ryan was going to be the one and he was going to get his happily ever after. And the author delivered!


Read these in order, you definitely need to start with Maddy's story to truly connect with all the characters and to get an understanding of who they are. You'll like watching them grow.


4 stars

Review by: SAM 


-- Soulmates --

This short YA book contains a lot of mature content, therefore personally, I would put this under my NA/Contemporary collection on my kindle.
In this "friends to lovers" with a whole lot of angst short story, we meet Jake and Madison. They met when they were just six years old. Their fathers worked together, they lived three doors from each other and formed a beautiful friendship that was sure to last a lifetime.
Everything was perfect, the laughter, the banter, the hormones, the bickering.....Until it wasn't perfect.
In Freshman year, Jake began doing the "high school guy" thing, hormones were shooting around everywhere and Maddy did not like some of his actions. This all lead to one HUGE argument, and unforgivably some things were said, things that can't be taken back, and therefore this started the HATE for each other.
Personally, I would like to have seen more of Maddy and Jake in a "good place" because this is a short story, so we didn't get much on that side.
The author has started this series off with a bang, I like her writing style and want to know where the rest of this series goes! My reviews for the rest of the series are to follow.

-- Fate --

Fate is the Soulmates (book 1) story told in first person from Jake's POV.
I was looking forward to getting inside Jake's head with this story. I wanted to see why he made the choices he did, and what finally knocked the guy on the head!
The author has once again written this story at a fast pace, making this book sweet and easy to read. It held my attention throughout and the author is clearly very talented.
I preferred Jake's character in this book because his maturity and character growth is evident from beginning to end.
The fact that Jake clearly adored Maddy, despite his "HATE" toward her was a relief to read in this book.
The only part I felt could have been extended was the end. It was a little rushed for my liking. I wanted MORE, now, that may be because I'm a greedy reader and want ALL THE DAMN WORDS or because I just wasn't ready to say goodbye to the characters in this book yet. I would have LOVED to see an epilogue!

-- Rebound --

This book, for me, is without a doubt the BEST IN THE SERIES.
The authors writing style, technique and growth is visible from start to finish!
Ryan *sob* oh sweet heartbroken Ryan....*sob* this guy.....he is nursing his wounds after having his soul ripped from his body by Maddy (female lead from book 1 and 2 in the series).
He realised that her feelings toward him weren't returned and that her heart belonged to another guy *sobs, grabs tissues and WINE*.
We only got to see a few scenes in the previous books with Ryan's character, so it was hard to judge him and really know him. But this book sealed the deal and made me want to climb inside my kindle and heal this sweet, beautiful guys broken heart.
Ryan has been raised by his Mother and Grandmother and he sure knows how to respect, love and treat a girl properly, *sigh* it kind of makes me want to drop kick Maddy.
In this book, Ryan meets Lindsay. She is light, she is sweet and so damn adorable! I actually turned into a cheerleader when reading this book because I wanted these two to make it as a couple and WIN!!!
This is my favourite book in the series, it is the most real, genuine, the most likeable and definitely the most capturing out of all the books.

Overall Series Rating - 4.5 STARS


Reviews by: ERIN

-- Soulmates --

This story was so addictive. This is told in first person in Madison’s POV. The characters are very relatable. The group has a great dynamic going on. I loved all their interactions. I really love a story that the characters have been friends since they were little. They know so much about each other and know how the others feel about most situations. It really makes for a better story. 

Madison is a great character. She stands for what she believes in and sticks to her guns. She doesn’t let anyone try to influence her decisions. But she also rolls with the punches. She tries not to let things get to her and bring her down. 
The author does an amazing job of conveying the emotions that are swirling through Madison throughout the story. The detail that went in to this was amazing. I felt like I was right there with her throughout the story. I never got a disconnected feeling, the story kept me hooked from the start. 

4 Stars 

-- Fate --

Once again, Nicole delivers with a book full of feels. This story is told in first person from Jake’s POV. And what a story it is. In the first one, there were times that I was cussing up a storm at Jake. However, with this story, I am now understanding where Jake was emotionally during the times I wanted to drown him. I am always happy when I can change my opinion of a character.  Getting a better, more in depth look at Jake was eye opening. Some of the parts of Madison’s POV made more sense after reading Jake’s POV. Kind of like getting both sides of the story. I was happy to see Jake taking some responsibility for things and growing up. Definitely a must read and can’t wait to see what Nicole has in store for us in the future    

4 Stars


-- Rebound --

This is Ryan’s story told in first person.  This story was a deeper look into the relationship of Ryan and Maddy. But it was also a great look into Ryan’s emotions and what he was feeling during their relationship and afterwards. I always thought Ryan was a great character and needed to have a HEA for himself. He is such a great guy. He has a lot of emotions flowing through him for a guy. He takes things to heart much easier than most. That also means he gets his feelings hurt. He has a great relationship with his mom and grandmother. A very well written book.

3.5 Stars


CONNECT WITH Nicole Dykes:


No comments:

Post a Comment