photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

July 14, 2015

QUIRKS & KINKS by Laurel Ulen Curtis ~ FMR REVIEW



BLURB

“It’s a new show, Quirks and Kinks. We’ve already selected a male reenactment actor to be your co-host, so you're the last piece of the puzzle. There’s some seriously f@$%ed up sh*t out there that people are into, and the two of you are going to be the face of it.”

“I’m going to be the face of people’s freakish fetishes?” I asked disbelievingly.

Larry shrugged his nonchalance, shoving it directly down the throat of my panic. “Half of it.”


That conversation was the beginning of more than a show. 
It was the beginning of mystery, friendship, and love, and the outcome of mixing all three together with two unsuspecting victims.

Easie Reynolds and Anderson Evans were drawn to the same, simple thing—each other.

But, sometimes, undeniable chemistry isn’t enough. After all, how easy is it to get to know someone when they’re constantly pretending to be someone else?

BUY


Review by: GINA

This was a very interesting story, especially the concept of this Quirks and Kinks re-enactment show. It was just so bizarre, I found myself chuckling about it. 

Easie is this funny and super sassy girl, who is able to put a smile on Anderson's face and it's been awhile since Anderson smiled. He is dealing with events from the past and Easie becomes a distraction to help dull the pain. 

Reading the first half of this book, I really didn't know where it was going to go. I was actually starting to lose interest. The story line wasn't moving very fast. There wasn't a lot of character development. I was hoping to learn more about Easie besides she's a struggling actress, smokes a lot, and lives with her sister. It wasn't until we got into Anderson's head that the story picked up and then I couldn't put the book down! I found Anderson to be very intriguing and his story brought the book together for me. 

I'm really glad I stuck with this book because by the end I really enjoyed it! There are a lot of unexpected curveballs. This book made me laugh, made me cry (and it takes a lot for me to cry while reading a book), and everything in between. 

4 Stars 




TEASERS




MEET THE AUTHOR:

Laurel Ulen Curtis is a 28 year old mother of one. She lives with her husband and son (and cat!) in New Jersey, but grew up all over the United States. She graduated from Rutgers University in 2009 with a Bachelor of Science in Meteorology, and puts that to almost no use other than forecasting for her friends! She has a passion for her family, laughing, and reading and writing Romance novels. Oh, and she's addicted to Coke. The drink, not the drug.



GIVEAWAY



No comments:

Post a Comment