photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

May 02, 2015

Broken Juliet by Leisa Rayven ~ FMR REVIEW








BLURB 

How do you fix a love that’s been broken beyond repair?

For years, Cassie Taylor tried to forget about Ethan Holt. He was the one great love of her life, and when he failed to return her love, a part of her died forever. Or so she thought. Now she and Ethan are sharing a Broadway stage, and he’s determined to win her back. Claiming to be a changed man, he’s finally able to say all the things she needed to hear years ago, but can she believe him? What makes this time different from all his other broken promises?

Ethan knows he can’t change their tumultuous past, but if he’s going to have any chance of being with the woman he loves, he’ll need to convince Cassie that her future belongs with him. 

Don’t miss this stunning conclusion to the unforgettable love story that captivated over two million fans online.

BUY LINKS 

AMAZON


Review by: Nicole 

Broken Juliet takes place immediately after Bad Romeo. After Ethan confessed his love for Cassie in a very emotional and romantic email, she asks him to come to her apartment. Of course Ethan is at her front door already. She invites him in, but she needs to figure out if she wants to open her heart up to him again. Does she want to risk her heart again and try and again with Ethan Holt? You also find out in this book how he broke her heart twice, and you see why she hates him so much. I found myself with mixed feelings on wanting to root for them and then wanting her to run far far away from him.
This was an amazing ending to Ethan and Cassie. I loved that we still got the flashbacks to when they were dating back in college, and understood their relationship even more. I also like how she didn’t just throw herself back at him after his email. She made him work for it and prove that he is not the man he used to be. All in all what an amazing story and i can’t wait to read more from Leisa Rayven.

5 Stars 



Review by: Amy 

OMG I wanted to kill Leisa when Bad Romeo ended and I was left just wondering what in the world was going to happen to these two beautifully brilliant yet utterly stupid characters! I was waiting on pins and needles to read how Cassie would react and how Ethan would make everything seem worth it. I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED!!! Broken Juliet was far more than I expected and was so much better than I anticipated. I was not left a speechless mess but rather a very satisfied reader. I was not left questioning the worth of my kindle as I thought about throwing it against the wall in frustration…but rather I was cradling it with a renewed sense of awe. I was left just as I should has bee, simplistically and without a doubt satisfied.  

As wonderful and talented as Cassie and Ethan were they were a freak’n mess!!! They drove me to the brink of frustration in Bad Romeo because I could see how fantastic they would be together and yet they couldn't make things happen. I was SO HAPPY to see the inner working of their relationship in Broken Juliet. This book was so thoughtfully laid out and very easy to follow. I rather enjoyed the flip flop of flashback into reality. I thought Leisa did a magnificent job of weaving their past and present together and then having an amazing culmination at the end of the book. Seeing the story unfold from multiple perspectives was a fluid touch. 

This story took me through so many emotions and feelings and was everything I didn't expect. I was left with so much frustration after Bad Romeo that I was really hopeful for an amazing book this time around. I wanted Cassie’s story so badly and man I got what I wanted. This book was so easy to read and didn't have crazy angst. I was so captivated by the story that I couldn't put it down! Broken Juliet was an amazing continuation of a beautiful series. Thank you Leisa for writing these characters with grace and feeling. They were actors on a stage through most of the book, but they played as real characters as I read. Beautifully done and 100% worth the read for sure. 4.5 stars all the way and I can’t wait for the next installment! 

4.5 Stars 

Review by: Cristina 

This book continues off where Cassie Taylor receives the email from Ethan Holt pouring his heart out in hopes it will get her to start to believe that she is it for him. 

Cassie has been broken by her love not once, but twice and each time Ethan has professed that he wants it all with her but ends up hurting much more than her she can take. Determined to forget the man who has her heart is something that she has been struggling with since the first time they have met. 

When Cassie is paired once again with a role opposite of Ethan on Broadway he will stop at nothing until he can prove that she is his one true love but Cassie is broken up and tired of the ugly relationships they have had in the past. Hard to give into his words that he is professing and declaring but her feelings for him has never truly left. Is third times a charm worth the risk???

“Loving you,” he says, “is the stupidest, most selfish thing I ‘ve ever done, but I can’t stop. God knows, I’ve tried.”

In the conclusion of Cassie and Ethan’s story we have two people fighting demons of their personal background and the relationship that they have with each other. We get an inside look of their past and present that takes you on an intense and emotional ride of falling in love, being with your soul mate, and the give and take with their hearts. The 4 stars read will have you torn by what they went through in hopes that at the end everything will work out. A beautiful read of starcrossed lovers trying to find themselves again with themselves and with each other.

4 Stars 







No comments:

Post a Comment