photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

April 28, 2015

The Mistake by Elle Kennedy ~ FMR REVIEW





Blurb: 

He’s a player in more ways than one…

College junior John Logan can get any girl he wants. For this hockey star, life is a parade of parties and hook-ups, but behind his killer grins and easygoing charm, he hides growing despair about the dead-end road he’ll be forced to walk after graduation. A sexy encounter with freshman Grace Ivers is just the distraction he needs, but when a thoughtless mistakepushes her away, Logan plans to spend his final year proving to her that he’s worth a second chance.

Now he’s going to need to up his game…

After a less than stellar freshman year, Grace is back at Briar University, older, wiser, and so over the arrogant hockey player she nearly handed her V-card to. She’s not a charity case, and she’s not the quiet butterfly she was when they first hooked up. If Logan expects her to roll over and beg like all his other puck bunnies, he can think again. He wants her back? He’ll have to work for it. This time around, she’ll be the one in the driver’s seat…and she plans on driving him wild


Buy Links: 




Review by: Gina 

Kudos to Elle Kennedy for writing another fantastic book! The Mistake is the second book is the Off-Campus series and it was amazing!!! I loved The Deal, the first book in the series, but I love The Mistake even more. I can't give enough praises for this book! It's sexy, and funny with amazing characters and a fantastic story line. This book gave me all the feels!

I really enjoyed watching Grace grow as a character. She started off as this quiet, pushover and grew into this amazing woman who wouldn't hold back and stand up for herself. Logan is just amazing!!! On the outside he seems like this hot hockey player, without a care in the world but deep down he is caring, compassionate and so considerate. There is just so much more to than what most see on the outside. 

The Mistake is another amazing book!! I highly recommended this book but The Deal, as well! You will not be disappointed!!! 

5 Stars 


Review by: Sam  


The Deal was one of my favourite NA books ever, Elle Kennedy's writing style is just what I needed to get me out of my serious book funk. So when book two 'The Mistake' from the Off-Campus Series was in our review sign up page, I would have fought dirty to get my hands on this book!!!! 

The thing I fell in love with in book one from this series was the friendships and banter between the guys. This is John JUMP-MY-BONES Logan's story. He is HILARIOUS, COCKY, SOOOOO SEXY.....but.....He BELIEVES he is in love with his best friends girl, so that is a recipe for disaster! 
Girls throw their panties at this guy, they drop like dogs in heat and demand to be taken! But for John Logan, he is masking his own deep feelings and worries so he fills that void with lots of partying and lots of sex! When he is called out on it by his friends, it causes some serious torment to run through him.

Grace is cute! She is so awkward, but has this beautiful heart and you cannot help but fall in love with her cute, funny ways. She has been used to her friends always getting the attention from guys, dressing more provocatively than her and having much more confidence.

But when Grace and Logan(John) meet officially, they really have chemistry. They laugh, they like the same things, and she feels like they could be something pretty amazing! The only thing stopping them from really making this work is Logan's feelings for the girl he shouldn't want. 

A real laugh out loud moment for me that I can guarantee will stay in my head for a very long time, I'm talking tears streaming down my face and laughing so hard was the skype session with Grace's mom, I nearly peed my pants! The threat that Grace's mom gives Logan is one I will use personally!!!! 

Elle Kennedy brings sexy, sassy and hilarious scenes to this second book in the series, it is a book I will return to just to make me laugh, but also give me the feels that I crave from a brilliant NA read! Her writing is excellent and this is fast becoming one of my favourite series EVER!

I cannot freaking wait to see who is next! 

5 Stars 





Review by: Kim 

John Logan has his life all planned out. And it makes him sick to his stomach every time he thinks about it.
See, Logan loves to play hockey and he's damn good at it too. But because his family life sucks; playing hockey professionally: his dream, is out of his reach.
Because of an alcoholic father, a brother who he made a promise to and a garage that's the family business, mechanical work is all he has to look forward too.
Grace is quiet, unassuming and kinda shy. Her freshman year was supposed to be a learning experience and it has been that and more.
Grace knows there isn't anything about her that would attract any of the hunky hockey players that are so popular around campus, but a girl can dream, right?
Then one night forgotten directions leads Logan to Grace's door.
What follows is an adventure in humor, and heart as Logan and Grace navigate the ins and outs of discovering what it takes to make something special work. Against busy schedules, friends that will make you laugh and swear, the usual and the not so usual mistakes and familial obligations.
John Logan stole my heart in the first installment of this series, but I truly fell in love with him in The Mistake.
Thank you Elle Kennedy for another steamy, laugh out loud installment in your Off-Campus series.

5 Stars 

Review by: Fidah 

The Mistake by Elle Kennedy is the second book in the Off-Campus series by Elle Kennedy. Each book follows a new set of main characters and for the sequel, we follow Logan and Grace. From the beginning, these two characters were adorable. There's some sort of innocence in the way they behaved and acted when the two were together. I really liked their relationship. Logan did mess it up but I couldn't really hate or find any faults with him because he was just a little lost and confused. 
There wasn't really anything that I didn't quite enjoy or liked. It was a sweet, hot and lovely new adult novel that ties in family, friends and life in general. There was some closure in the end which made this book better than the first because one of the problems I had with The Deal was how abrupt the ending was. Elle Kennedy's writing is smooth as she writes about these characters and make them real. A well rounded new adult novel.

4.5 Stars 





No comments:

Post a Comment