photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

February 18, 2015

Where We Belong by Eve Connell ~ RELEASE DAY BLITZ & REVIEW




Title: Where We Belong
Author: Eve Connell
 Release Date: February 19, 2015


Synopsis


One man diving into the past.

One woman emerging from the depths.

At the age of seventeen, Amelia Baide won silver at the Olympic Games and was the second-fastest woman in the pool. Then one tragic night she crashed into a lake and was dragged out without a pulse. Now twenty-four, she is still haunted by it and hasn’t swum again. Until this year’s anniversary of the accident. It is a day unlike any other and a strange turn of events finds Amelia back at a swimming pool.

Harry Jamieson had eyes for one girl, while women and the media had eyes for him. As a trainer of Olympic athletes, he was an in-demand man. Until one boozy morning after … But from bad luck to pure chance he runs into his old flame, Amelia, at a swimming pool no less. She doesn’t remember a thing from the night of the crash.

And Harry knows every single secret.

The pair joins forces—a comeback for Amelia and Harry’s ultimate coaching opportunity. But dodging waves is hard to do; and even the strongest swimmer may sink.

Where We Belong is a second-chance love story for young and old, for swimming enthusiasts and romantics at heart.







Links to Buy

AMAZON US / UK / AU / CA
B&N / KOBO / iBOOKS / GOOGLE PLAY

Review by: Amy 


I am such a sucker for second chance romance and this book was right up my alley! I enjoyed this story of personal struggle, heartache and above all else determination. I loved that the story was set in another country. It gave me the chance to open my mind as a reader and experience something new. This book was written in both the main characters point of views which is awesome to read. It’s like 2 books in one.
The characters in this book were adorable. Meeting at such a young age and growing up together offers the best friendship and background for a future. Having a commonality just solidifies that. The fact that Eve had them swimming was great. It’s not a story line that I have read before and it was refreshing. I loved how the author drew me into that sport and world these characters were immersed in. I loved the competitive side of Amelia and Harry! She so unsure and he so confident it made for a great team. I appreciated the spirit that these two had and their love for the sport.
I enjoyed this book. It was an easy read for me and it was packed full of great story. It wasn’t to angsty and harsh. The story seemed to flow well and the transitions were easy. I liked the different POVs from the characters and felt that that was a nice touch to the book. I would give this a solid 3.75 stars

3.75 Stars


Review by: Fidah 

Where We Belong is a story filled with misunderstandings and second chances. The story is split into different parts and told from two different perspectives, Amelia and Harry. Diving into this book, I was really looking forward to reading this book. I was excited to see how our characters’ lives and relationships would weave in the whole story. However, I did not enjoy this book as much as I would have loved to. Wait a minute, I’m not saying that the book was bad. In fact, it was pretty good but I did have quite a few problems with it.

Mia and Harry were involved in a tragic accident 6 years ago that impacted their lives and shaped them. They gave up some of the important things that were dear to them. As we slowly got to uncover the truth as to how the whole accident happened, I felt overwhelmed and a little cheated. I’m not sure what else to say about it. Other than that, I wasn’t a huge fan of some of the choices that the characters made. Mia was engaged and I wished she had handled her relationship with her fiancé better. She should have ended things because you could clearly tell that her feelings for Harry wasn’t platonic at all.

There were some redeeming factors to the book that really made it a good read. I liked the story behind the book. Dealing with misunderstandings can be rather difficult especially when it’s been buried for several years. It’s like you’ve buried an old wound and believing that you’re fine, to only reopen that hurt again and be exposed. It sucks. I liked the drive and passion behind the characters. This book wasn’t only a love story. It was also about passion which is very inspiring.

As I’ve mentioned, Where We Belong was an interested and great read. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves new adult that deals with second chances, misunderstandings and forgiveness.

3 Stars











Author Bio


Writer, kid-at-heart, awesome partner, graphic design dabbler, book lover.



Author Links

No comments:

Post a Comment