photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

October 19, 2014

A Haunted Heart by Kristi Pelton ~ FMR Reviews




Blurb 

No one chooses tragedy—it’s thrown at you at the most unexpected time. Life…love…ripped away as if it never existed in a single instant.

That happened to me one Halloween night—my life was shattered and I was left an abandoned empty vessel—floating through the days and nights with hopes of feeling someday.

A year later, Adam Stroud walked down the sidewalk and in a single instant life changed again. He too had been dealt a horrible hand of fate and for the first time in a year, I saw a glimpse of life.

For almost two months, I allowed myself to live. Learning to love and bloom. Little did I know I’d be betrayed and lied to by the few I trusted most. And now...lying cold and naked in the dirt hole, I promised myself if given the opportunity again…I’d live.


Buy Links 



Review By Amy 

 I really enjoyed the hell out of this book!! This was my 1st book by Kristi Pelton but it won’t be my last!! I have no idea how Kristi was able to make a Halloween book romantic but she did and it was a fantastic story line. This story has some angst but I really enjoyed the slow romantic stirring of the main characters as they ventured through in finding themselves.

I really enjoyed the character selection in this story. I loved the relationship between Anna and Adam. They were so sweet and genuine although they were both hiding from their personal realities. The way he helped her heal and in turn she helped him find his love was fantastic.

Oh and the antagonist was AMAZING! Kristi…she wrote this role with so much grit and crazy!!! I loved how perverse and nut ball this guy was. He brought just the right amount of tension to the romantic story line. Even tho this character made me absolutely MAD I couldn’t help but laugh. 

Kristi made me hate him and commend him on his lame efforts at the same time!! LOVED THAT!
Grab this book!! I was an easy enjoyable read that was hard to put down & I totally recommend it!!

                                5 Stars for sure!! . . . Amy 





Review By Cristina 


Anna Brice is a woman faced with a shocking tragedy one Halloween night. A tragic event that left her numb and passing through the days as nothing more as a shell of a person not wanting to move on. Then one day, almost a year later she gets stopped by Adam Stroud, a carpenter who is building the house across the street from her.

This book gave me the feels from the start to the end of their story. A page turner that had me at so many emotions it surprised me at how much the novella entailed. The 4.5 stars read will leave you speechless at the many scenes and situations presented before you. Plus it did not feel rushed! Curious? Check it out today! 


4.5 Stars . . . Cristina 


Review By Heidi 

It's been a while since I cried while reading a book but this one grabbed my heart strings! This was an amazing read! You will cry and get hot and bothered. You would think that those two things mix but the author did a fantastic job with this story!

5 Stars . . . Heidi 





No comments:

Post a Comment