photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

June 13, 2014

Dragon's Lair By Chantal Fernando ~ Blog Stop Atalia's Review



Title: Dragon's Lair
Author: Chantal Fernando
Genre: New Adult
Release Date: May 19th 2014


When I found my boyfriend cheating on me, I did something stupid.

Or should I say, someone?
Because of that mistake, I’m now stuck in a world I don’t belong in.
J
I’m a law student. They’re criminals.
He’s the Vice President of a MC. I’m a good girl with a strict upbringing. 

He’s my ex-boyfriend’s brother.
And I’m screwed.








REVIEW By ATALIA 

 photo DragonsLair.jpg

Dragon's Lair is definitely mild compared to other MC books out there, but don't let that stop you from reading it. Just like other books in its category, this book captures your attention through its intriguing characters. You can't read it without loving each character's individual quirks, both main and secondary characters. With their one-liners, sarcasm, and witty banter, they had me laughing and anxious to read more of their interactions. Other than the main characters, I'd have to say my favorites were without a doubt Tracker, Mary, Arrow, and Rake. When you read Dragon's Lair you'll see why. It’s hard not to fall for them. It all starts with one fateful night that forever intertwines the lives of two people from opposite sides of the tracks.

  "I'm not a perfect woman. In fact, I probably don't even know what I'm talking about considering I've only ever had one relationship. But what I do know is that I won't allow a man to cheat on me or disrespect me." -Faye


 photo DragonsLair2.jpg Faye's character really changed throughout the book. At first, coming from finding her bf cheating on her, we see her vulnerable, confused, and lost. The plans she had for the future were suddenly shredded to pieces. On a night painted with vengeance, her life turns toward a direction she never saw herself taking. Being thrust into a world she knows nothing about, I loved that she never let them see her sweat. She became a strong woman who was determined to making it in this new world because she was now responsible for more than just herself. Along the way not only does she gain a close-knit group of friends, but in the end, she also gets the life she's always wanted even if it did come in a very unexpected way.







  "Dex has become everything to me. He understands me; he lets me be me and appreciates it. I know how lucky I am to find someone like that, someone who doesn't want me to change any aspect of myself. Someone who makes me feel things, feel alive and wanted." -Faye




 photo DragonsLair3.jpg Dex is such a sweetheart; well ONLY when it comes to Faye. To his brothers and everyone else, Dex is someone you don't want to mess with. He means and does everything he says. I loved that although he's this tough biker with major anger & jealousy issues ( can anyone say possessive? ;-) lol ) when it comes time to do so, he takes responsibility and rearranges his life to accommodate someone he never thought would be a part of it. I also loved how much of a secret romantic he is and how strong his loyalty to those he cares about is. Though he comes from a different lifestyle than Faye's, we learn that they may not be as different as it may seem and in fact have gone through some similar situations. The night that changed everything not only completely altered the course of Faye's life but also his. For the second time in his life, he was being offered a new one. A new family. "Dexter Black turned my world upside down, but then he gave me his. And his world is where I want to be, as long as he's right there by my side." -Faye Overall, I would recommend Dragon's Lair to MC book lovers who are not looking for a dark romance but rather a lighter romance in the biker world. The only thing that kept me from giving it 5 stars would have to be how fast they fell for one another. This might have to do with the fact that they knew each other growing up but I would've liked to see some of their interactions when they were younger or something else that would show the progression of their feelings for one another. Despite this, I really did enjoyed it and can't wait for Tracker & Arrow's books!! I'm also hoping that somewhere in this series Clover will get her own book :-)! It would be awesome to see where life will take her. After finishing Dragon's Lair, you will want to get your hands on the next novels in the series because you will definitely miss them.

   photo DragonsLair4.jpg


  Other Favorite Quotes:

  "There's a danger in loving someone too much..." -Tracker

  "They say death is easy, it's living that's hard. I love my life, and I wouldn't say it was hard. But I understand when they say death is easy, because those people who pass away don't have to live with the sadness and the pain of losing someone" -Faye


REVIEW By ATALIA 
4.5 Stars 












933897_334070693391649_276626158_n



Chantal Fernando is 26, a mother of three beautiful little boys and lives in Western Australia. Chase is her debut novel, followed by Kade, Ryder, James and Maybe This Time. She is currently working on a few other projects.

Facebook | Goodreads


RESISTING LOVE SERIES 




MAYBE SERIES


TOXIC GIRL 











No comments:

Post a Comment