photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

May 12, 2014

A Life Less Broken by Margaret McHeyzer - BLOG STOP & REVIEW






A Life Less Broken by Margaret McHeyzer
May 9 - 18

*Releases May 12, 2014*





On a day like any other, Allyn Sommers went off to work, not knowing that her life was about to be irrevocably and horrifically altered.
Three years later, Allyn is still a prisoner in her own home held captive by harrowing fear. Broken and damaged, Allyn seeks help from someone that fate brought her.
Dr. Dominic Shriver is a psychiatrist who’s drawn to difficult cases. He must push past his own personal battles to help Allyn fight her monsters and nightmares.
Is Dr. Shriver the answer to her healing?
Can Allyn overcome the broken?













REVIEW BY TRISH 

***** 5 GUT WRENCHING STARS *****



OMG – Margaret McHeyzer – I think you have tipped me over the edge.  LOVED THIS STORY.
I cannot express how much this book captivated and mesmerized me with its extraordinary storyline of pain, suffering, hurt, trust, tenderness, healing and love.
From the Prologue it had me crying big fat tears for Allyn.  In those first few pages I knew I was going to go on an emotional rollercoaster – and OMG it was so worth the ride.
This is not your typical romance book.  It is filled with so much more.  It really is gut wrenching at times as it is so real and raw.  You will feel the emotions as you read this story.  Your heart will break and it will smile.
It is written beautifully in the first person which helps you understand and feel what the characters are going through.  The way Margaret conveys and expresses her characters emotions and feelings is beyond brilliant.  It is so intense, vivid and clear.  I felt everything they felt.  I was right there with them.

Allyn is a young, energetic strawberry blonde who is attacked by predators who abuse, hurt and damage her beyond repair.  Her life will never be the same.  Will she ever be able to find freedom and happiness within herself?
Dominic is a psychiatrist who deals with challenging and difficult cases.  He is strong, independent, has his own insecurities, but lives his life helping and putting others needs first.  In my mind he is completely beautiful inside and out.  So sincere, tender, caring, loving and the most handsome hero I think I have read to date.
It is almost like destiny is bringing them together.  Allyn needs help and happens to watch a show where Dominic is mentioned.  She takes the first step in trying to help herself after 3 long years of torture and calls his clinic.  He agrees to see her.
The plot, twists and turns really came out and hit me head on.  I really wasn’t expecting any of it.  Exactly what I love in a book.  Just didn’t see it coming.  I was riveted by it.
The journey these two take together is absolutely brilliant and inspiring.  I really don’t have enough words to describe how it made me feel.  It is a long and hard road they endure, but Dominic is always there for Allyn.  She is the light in his life.  Will he be able to heal her and show her that life really is something to cherish.

It reaffirmed for me that even when you are down – no matter how black it is - there is always light at the end of the tunnel wishing and hoping to free you of whatever it is that troubles you.  There will always come that time where you can be free and spread your wings.
I was ecstatically surprised when I read the epilogue.  The fact that Margaret gave us all closure was perfect.  I smiled from ear to ear as punishment was delivered in a shocking and horrific manner.  As the saying goes – what goes around comes around.  Karma – I believe it in.
There are so many quotes/scenes in the book that I wanted to add and share, but I don't want to give to much away, so will update this review after its release date.


Margaret McHeyzer – I love your work. 
One of the Best I’ve read this year.
Congratulations on A Life Less Broken – It really is Brilliant.

  TRISH











I don't do 'normal'.


I've found that the more I write, the more I like being different to other authors. I write in first person, and I love to challenge a reader.



I take the normal and switch it around.


For me, I really enjoy getting a reaction from a reader. So if I can evoke an emotion (regardless of if it's the emotion the reader wants) then I figure that I've done my job as an author I want to be.


I really quite revel in taking people out of their comfort zones and pushing them to read something different.


My genre of writing is, well quite frankly, where ever my mind goes. I won't label myself because I don't like sticking to one genre.
My goal with writing is just to take people away from whatever is going on in their lives, even if it's only for a split second.



I'm a go with the flow sort of person and don't really take a course of action to get where I am going. I live in the moment and don't usually worry about tomorrow because whatever life is due to bring me, I'll be happy to accept.


I love my family and friends and will help anyway I can if someone needs it. I really don't like people that are nasty just because they can be, I don't believe that's necessary, I mean life's hard enough as it is!
I hope you enjoy my books, I've had a hoot writing them. There's more to come.....



Til next time.
M xx


FACEBOOK:



No comments:

Post a Comment